This earthy Asian soup is perfect to warm you up on a cold day.
- Add red pepper flakes if you like more heat!
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1-2 Tbsp red curry paste 15-30 mL
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth 2 L
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms 250 mL
- 2 cups chopped Chinese cabbage 500 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger 30 mL
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- In saucepan, sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery in canola oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, soy sauce, chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat.
- Add Shiitake mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes and add shrimp. Cover and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with green onion.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|