Tomatoes and lime juice give this low-fat fish recipe extra moistness and flavor.
The delicate texture of trout requires broiling or baking in a hot oven rather than grilling on a barbecue.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
- 1 lb rainbow trout fillets (2 medium or 4 small) 500 g
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander (see Tip) 125 mL
- ½ tsp grated lime rind 2 mL
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice 25 mL
- 1 tsp olive oil 5 mL
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper Pinch
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes 500 mL
- Wipe fish with paper towels; split medium fillets lengthwise. Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; arrange fillets in dish in single layer.
- Stir together coriander, lime rind, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the lime mixture with chopped tomatoes; set aside. Spread remainder over fish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Broil fish 4 inches (10 cm) from heat for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with reserved tomato mixture.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association