This tangy, sunny dish is perfect for a summer dinner!
Makes 6 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh cilantro, minced juice of half a fresh lime
- ½ Tbsp (7 mL) sucralose brown sugar blend
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) turmeric
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, plus more to oil the grill
- 6 pork loin chops
- Make salsa by combining pineapple, orange, cilantro and lime juice in bowl. Set aside. Can be prepped up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Make rub for pork chops: In small bowl, combine brown sugar blend, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Do not omit turmeric as it lends a lovely yellow hue to this dish.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil and apply rub to both sides.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place pork chops on grill for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Serve each chop accompanied with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
Carbohydrate exchange information
½ Carbohydrate Choice
3 Meat & Alternative Choices
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 pork chop and 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa
Recipe courtesy of www.CanolaInfo.org