This tart yet sweet marinade complements veal and firm white fish, too.
- This tart yet sweet marinade complements veal and firm white fish, too.
- For a change, try a combination of red or yellow pepper instead of
the green pepper.
- Serve over a bed of brown rice.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch (5 cm)
cubes 250 g
- 16 squares sweet green pepper 16
- 16 pineapple chunks (fresh or canned) 16
- 16 cherry tomatoes 16
GINGER LEMON MARINADE
- 3 tbsp lemon juice 45 mL
- 2 tbsp water 25 mL
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 2 tsp sesame oil 10 mL
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar 7 mL
- 4 tsp brown sugar 20 mL
- 1 tsp minced gingerroot (or ¼ tsp/1 mL ground) 5 mL
- ½ tsp ground coriander 2 mL
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds (optional) 2 mL
- Ginger Lemon Marinade: In small bowl, combine lemon juice, water, vegetable oil, sesame oil, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, coriander, and fennel seeds (if using); mix well. Add chicken and mix well; marinate for 20 minutes.
- Alternately thread chicken cubes, green pepper, pineapple and tomatoes onto 4 long or 8 short barbecue skewers. Barbecue for 15 to 20 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink inside, brushing often with marinade and rotating every 5 minutes.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association