Enjoy this delicious guacamole as a snack or appetizer with a few whole grain tortillas.
Makes 8 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided (plus more for the grill)
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in 3 long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeds removed, sliced in half
- 1 just ripe avocado, peeled, sliced in half
- ½ small red onion, sliced in half juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro, minced
- Prepare grill by brushing with canola oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Lightly brush both sides of vegetables with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil. Place zucchini strips, bell pepper, avocado halves and onion on the grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill. Finely dice zucchini, pepper and onion. Place in large bowl. Add avocado and mash in.
- Stir in remaining canola oil, lime juice and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association