The addition of mini marshmallows and yogurt changes an ordinary fruit salad into a special dessert.
Makes 8 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 10 mL
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pineapple tidbits, packed in juice, drained
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes 250 mL
- 1 cup mini marshmallows 250 mL
- ¾ cup 1% or 2% orange- or pineapple-flavored yogurt 175 ml
- 2 medium bananas
- In a large bowl, toss diced apple with lemon juice to prevent browning. Add pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes and marshmallows.
- Drizzle with yogurt and toss gently until fruit and marshmallows are evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, slice bananas and stir into fruit mixture.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association