These tasty wraps make a quick and nutritious meal that’s perfect for a fresh spring day.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/2-1 (5-8 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) bagged coleslaw mix
- 1/2 can/4 ounces (230 mL) sliced water chestnuts, drained and cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) pre-cooked diced chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry roasted peanuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 large Boston Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- To serve, arrange three lettuce leaves on each of four dinner plates and spoon equal amounts of filling on top. Serve with sauce on side. Have people roll up their own lettuce wraps and dip into sauce.
Makes 4 servings • Serving size: 3 lettuce wraps
Recipe courtesy of The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen: Fresh, Fast, and Flavorful Recipes Made with Canola Oil from the American Diabetes Association and CanolaInfo, copyright 2009.