These tacos are a fresh and fun variation on a popular dish that will add some delicioso Mexican flavour to your table.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and levelled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) chili powder
- 4 fish fillets – such as tilapia – rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 strips total
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh pico de gallo, salsa verde, or picante sauce
- 1 medium lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine flour, cornmeal, onion powder, and chili powder in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Coat fish with mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and fish flakes with a fork. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place fish in warmed tortillas and top with equal amounts of avocado and pico de gallo. Squeeze a lime wedge over each tortilla.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association