These little ice cream sandwiches are a terrific summertime treat.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- Baking sheet, lined with waxed paper
- 1 package (1½ oz / 40 g) fat-free instant chocolate pudding mix, sweetened with aspartame
- 1½ cups cold 1% milk 375 mL
- 1 cup lower-fat non-dairy whipped topping 250 mL
- 36 plain chocolate wafers 36
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate pudding mix to milk. Beat for 2 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Arrange 18 chocolate wafers in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture onto the wafers. Top with remaining wafers, pressing lightly and smoothing around the edges with a knife, if necessary.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, until firm, or in an airtight container for up to 1 month. (If they are too hard to eat, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.)
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association