Fruit salads make a perfect light meal or side.
The salad can be prepared in advance; add bananas just before serving
Makes 10 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite size pieces (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1½ (375 mL) cups freshly sliced strawberries
- ½ small cantaloupe, cut into balls or bite-size pieces (about 1½ cups/375 mL)
- 1 small papaya, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1½ cups/375 mL)
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) club soda
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) white rum or apple juice/li>
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine mango, pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, papaya, and bananas, toss lightly to combine.
- In a container, combine canola oil, lime juice, zest, club soda, rum, mint leaves and sugar. Drizzle dressing over fruit salad. Serve immediately.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association