This is a light and summery dish that shows off corn and tomatoes at their best.
- You can replace the fresh shucked corn with 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or low-sodium canned corn.
Makes 6 servings
Cooking time: N/A
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander 2 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked and grilled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half 500 mL
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, whole and pitted 75 mL
- 1 head leaf lettuce, shredded
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- In small bowl, whisk together cumin, coriander, canola oil, lime juice, lime zest and garlic. Set aside.
- In large bowl, gently combine corn, tomatoes, onion, olives and vinaigrette.
- Divide lettuce among four plates; top with salad and garnish with egg.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association