A moist and crispy fried chicken taste without the fat of traditional fried chicken.
Removing the skin from chicken cuts the fat by more than half.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- Baking sheet, sprayed with vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to 350◦ F (180◦ C)
- 4 chicken leg quarters (about 1 lb/500 g)
- ½ cup corn flakes cereal crumbs 125 mL
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese 25 ml
- 2 tsp garlic powder 10 mL
- 2 tsp chili powder 10 mL
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper 2 mL
- ¼ cup 1% milk 50 mL
- Rinse chicken and remove all skin and visible fat. Pat dry. Cut apart at the joint into things and drumsticks.
- In a large plastic bag, combine corn flakes crumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper.
- Pour milk into a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in milk, then add them, one at a time, to the plastic bag. Shake to coat with crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with any remaining crumbs. Discard any excess milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with fork.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association