This zesty yogurt sauce and mango add a new twist to fajitas!
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime, juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1 tsp chili powder 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 lb thin boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips 500 g
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 4 whole wheat 6-inch (15 cm) tortillas
- In bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and chili powder. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over high heat. Add pork; cook for 5 – 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté onion and bell peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet. Add mango; sauté for 1 minute.
- To serve, divide pork mixture evenly between tortillas. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of chili yogurt sauce and roll tortilla burrito-style.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Serving size: 1 fajita
Recipe courtesy of canolainfo.org, featured in the Canadian Diabetes Association’s 2014 Healthy Living Calendar.