A quick and easy meal that everyone will enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless pork strips leg or loin, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 2 celery stalks, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) black bean sauce
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (37 mL) cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cooking wine or dry sherry
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and stir-fry until browned; remove and keep warm. Add carrots, cook for 2 minutes. Add peppers, celery, and onion, cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and crisp. Remove mixture from wok and keep warm.
- Add remaining canola oil to wok. Sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Stir in black bean sauce and heat through. Add stock and pepper; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cooking wine; add to sauce; stir and cook until thickened.
- Add meat and vegetables back into wok. Stir to combine mixture with sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with rice noodles, whole wheat noodles or steamed brown rice.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Choices: ½ carbohydrate; 2 meat and alternative
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
Courtesy of canolainfo.org.