This colorful side salad is packed with fresh herbal flavors and antioxidants.
Makes 8 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots (julienne or matchstick size) 750 mL
- 3 cups thinly sliced red peppers (julienne or matchstick size) 750 mL
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts 250 mL
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil 125 mL
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro 125 mL
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint 125 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1½ tsp mirin 7 mL
- 1½ Tbsp finely minced ginger 20 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil 2 mL
- In large bowl, combine carrots, peppers, green onions, basil, cilantro and mint and toss to combine.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, mirin, ginger, canola oil, water and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine before serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 mL).
Courtesy of canolainfo.org.