Perfect for brunch, lunch or even dinner!
- Eggs are a complete source of protein and here they are baked with veggies like a casserole. The frittata is perfect for brunch, lunch or even dinner!
- Bake and serve in individual ramekins for a personal, elegant touch.
Makes 10 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1½ cups chopped red pepper 375 mL
- 1½ cups chopped fennel 375 mL
- ¾ cup chopped red onion 175 mL
- 1 tsp fennel seeds 5 mL
- 1 cup peeled, cubed white potatoes 250 mL
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup 1% milk 60 mL
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese 250 mL
- ½ cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese 125 mL
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC). Spray 9×13-inch (22 x 33-cm) glass baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, fennel, onion and fennel seeds and sauté 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat and stir in potatoes. Evenly spread vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs with milk and black pepper. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Cheddar and feta cheese evenly over top. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
|Total fat||7 g|
|Saturated fat||2.5 g|
Yield: 10 servings. Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 mL).
Courtesy of canolainfo.org.