Tomatoes, thyme and garlic cooked with the salmon create a wonderful combination of flavours. Serve with couscous or rice.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes 1 L
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or dill (or ½ tsp /2 mL dried) 10 mL
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 3
- 2 tsp olive or canola oil 10 mL
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper 1 mL
- 4 salmon fillets (each 100 g) 4
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice 45 mL
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, thyme, garlic, oil and pepper. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread tomato mixture in dish. Bake in 400º F (200º C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Add fish; bake for 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve fish topped with tomato mixture. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Canada’s Choice per Serving: ½ Carbohydrate, 3 Meat & Alternatives, 1 Fat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Canada’s 250 Essential Diabetes Recipes, Sharon Zeiler, Robert Rose Inc., 2011