A quick and easy way to prepare vegetables…perfect for barbeque season!
Makes 6 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine balsamic vinegar, salt, canola oil, pepper and garlic.
- Add asparagus and lightly squeeze bag to coat asparagus with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes. Remove asparagus from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Grill asparagus over medium heat on barbeque, turning occasionally, until tender, about 5-7 minutes
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association