Accompany these patties with stir-fried rice and vegetables.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 mL) fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- In a bowl, beat egg; stir in bread crumbs, green onions, coriander, lemon zest, salt and pepper; mix in chicken. With wet hands, shape into four patties, each 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center.
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Canada’s Choice per Serving: ½ Carbohydrate, 3 Meat & Alternatives, 1 FatRecipe reprinted with permission from Diabetes Comfort Food, Johanna Burkhard and Barb Selley, Robert Rose Inc., 2006, http://www.robertrose.ca.