This mild-tasting fish is a good source of heart-healthy omega-3 fats.
Makes 6 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 2 lbs (1 kg) whole fresh trout fillets
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil lemon and parsley, optional garnishes
- On a plate, mix flour with pepper for dredging the fish.
- Place milk in bowl, dip trout in milk and then place on plate to coat with flour on both sides.
- In large saucepan, heat canola oil to medium-high. Place fish in pan and fry for approximately 4 – 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Allow fish to stand in pan for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables, if desired.
Carbohydrate exchange information
4 Meat & Alternative Choices
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 4 oz (125 g)
Courtesy of www.canolainfo.org.