What a relief to know when you come home from a day at work, you can count on these tasty chicken fingers in your freezer.
Buy boneless chicken breasts when they’re featured as a supermarket special and make batches of chicken fingers to freeze ahead. Use fresh (not defrosted) chicken breasts; prepare recipe as directed, placing unbaked strips on a rack set on baking sheet. Freeze until firm; transfer to a storage container. Can be frozen for up to 2 months. No need to defrost before baking. You can also make extra batches of the crumb mixture and store in the freezer.
Cooking time: n/a
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely crushed soda cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried marjoram leaves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
– Preheat oven to 400◦ F (200◦ C)
– Baking sheet with rack, rack sprayed with vegetable cooking spray
- In a food processor, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, marjoram, paprika, salt and pepper. Process to make fine crumbs. Place in a shallow bow.
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 strips each. In a bowl, beat egg and garlic; add chicken strips. Using a fork, dip chicken strips in crumb mixture until evenly coated. Arrange on rack set on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink in centre. (If frozen, bake for up to 25 minutes)
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association