Here’s a delicious recipe that’s easy and uses fresh seasonal vegetables.
Makes 4 servings
Cooking time: n/a
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried yellow split peas, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL0 reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- Dash each of garlic powder, light soy sauce and pepper
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Sauté green onions and zucchini slices until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add cooked yellow split peas. Stir gently.
- Layer tomato slices over top and sprinkle with 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the shredded cheese. Layer onion rings over mixture and add remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, soy sauce and pepper over top.
- Reduce heat to low, place lid on the pan and heat ingredients for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Reference : Canadian Diabetes Association